PSALMS – The School of Prayer (DVD, CD, STUDIES-Jeff Cavins, Sarah Christmyer and Tim Gray) – BTL PSALMS
PSALMS: The School of Prayer, The Great Adventure moves from telling the Story to making it personal. While the historical books of the Bible recount God’s creative and redemptive acts in history, the Psalms reveal Israel’s response to God’s covenant offer and serve as a model for our response to Him. Indeed, one could say that the historical books tell the “outside” of the story of Israel by giving an historical perspective, while the Psalms tell the “inside” story, which comes from the deeply personal perspective of one who is seeking God. Our communication with God is enhanced by a deeper understanding of the book of Psalms and of the individual psalms that reside in each of our hearts.
Your Group Will:
- Discover a rich school of prayer for all life’s circumstances.
- Experience the transforming power of the responsorial psalms in the Mass.
- Learn how to visualize the psalms in order to empower their meditation.
- Study the many ways the Psalms foretell the life and mission of Jesus.
- See how the Psalms can empower your prayer to become an honest and personal dialogue with God.
AVAILABLE IN TWO FORMATS: DVD or CD (Sessions 50-55 minutes)
DVD* (6 DVDs – 11 sessions) = $124.95 ONLY (3) IN STOCK
CD (11 CD’s – 11 sessions) = $89.95
In these eleven sessions Jeff Cavins, Sarah Christmyer, and Tim Gray provide an overview and explanation of the Psalms.
These sessions are just one part of the program. The Psalms Study Set contains the study questions, responses, and talk notes needed for the study.
- Getting the Big Picture
- Seeing and Hearing the Psalms
- Learning to Pray with the Psalms
- The Responsorial Psalms
- Royal and Messianic Psalms
- Thirsting for God
- Psalms of Pilgrimage and Ascents
- Psalms of Suffering and Lament
- The Penitential Psalms
- Psalms of Praise and Thanksgiving
STARTER PACK = $129.00
This Starter Pack is what every leader needs to begin Psalms: The School of Prayer. It includes:
- 6-DVD Set (11, 50-minute videos)
- Study Set
Each participant and small-group facilitator should have a Study Set, which includes session overviews, questions and responses, and talk notes. The Study Set is used during each step of the program:
- The session overviews and questions are needed for Home Preparation and Small-Group Discussion.
- The talk notes are needed during the Video Presentations.
- The responses are needed for the Review of Responses.
PRICING SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE: (pricing determined by gram wt of metals at time of casting)